Call or Text 847-985-6767     1076 S. Roselle Road, Schaumburg, IL 60193

Custodial parents that want to move out of state with their minor child (or temporarily remove a minor child from the state) must get court permission first. Specifically, custodial parents must file a “petition” (legal paperwork) requesting a court order allowing them to move with the minor child; they must also prove to the court that the move (or removal) is in the child’s best interests.

When a court allows a parent to remove a child on a temporary basis, the judge may also require that parent to provide some sort of reasonable security to guarantee the child’s return.